Training starts on the water at these times. Please arrive 10-15 minutes earlier to help load equipment and put canoes into water.
Mandatory Requirements to Participate in Training Session
- Hold AOCRA Insurance Cover (see information below)
- Be a current financial member of Northcliffe Outrigging Canoe Club
- Have completed a short swim test
- Have participated in at least one Huli (roll over) drill
- Have completed a simple Participant Form (click here) which details emergency contacts, fitness history and your personal goals and objectives for the sport and club This information is kept confidential and is also used by the club coaches to ensure you are individually catered for and paired with groups and teams with similar expectations and abilities
- Be a social member of the Northcliffe Surf Life Saving Club -cost $10 per year (download and print form here)
- Either have your own, or use of, an outrigging paddle. Brand new club paddles are available for purchase from $180
- Whilst all our sessions are mixed training sessions, preference will be given to women for seats at the weekday morning sessions and men at the weekday evening sessions
Mixed Saturday Sessions
This session aims to provide a social and enjoyable environment for both experienced and novice paddlers, developing the basic skills and completing mandatory safety requirements in order to prepare paddlers for competitive racing.
New to Paddling?
We welcome paddlers from other clubs to attend our training sessions. If you are on holiday, business or just sick of looking at dirty river water, then contact one of our coaches to attend one of our regular sessions. Please Note: You must be covered by AOCRA insurance (if Australian).